And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

~Nietzsche~

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My 2 Little Band-aids


When life gets tough, I can't help but remember my blessings.  I have 2 little band-aids that can ease the pain of a broken heart.  I am lucky to be their mommy.  It is hard not to feel at least a fair amount of release and joy when I look at the light in their eyes and the joy in their souls.  Thank you Zehn and Sasha for giving me a reason to continue fighting.

Example #1

Yesterday Zehn brought home a paper from school for the Reflections contest.  We were discussing what it was all about and brainstorming ideas for his submission.  This year's theme is "Beauty is......".  Zehn told me that he didn't understand what that meant.  I told him that he was supposed to think about what was beautiful to him.  I asked him what he thought was beautiful.  He looked at me and without hesitation said "You mommy......."
My heart melted and his words took my breath away.  Those words put a little band-aid on my heart.

Example #2

It took all my strength to go through the nightly routine of feeding, bathing, and reading to the kids.  Thank goodness I have such amazing friends as Tiff brought us some homemade chicken noodle soup so my kids didn't eat goldfish crackers for dinner 2 nights in a row.  As I was getting them out of the bath, I apologized for being such a bad mommy 2 days in a row.  I promised them I would do the laundry and the dishes tomorrow.  Zehn turned to me and said "Mom, the laundry doesn't need to be done for you to be a good mommy".  And I realized that he is right.

Example #3

As I was rocking Sasha and singing to her before bedtime, she started stroking my face and saying "pretty mommy.....pretty mommy".  As if this wasn't enough, she said "Shhh mommy, my sing".  I stopped singing to her, to let her do the singing.  She kept stroking my face and began singing "oh mommy I wuv you.....oh mommy I wuv you"

Magic!
Thank you God, for giving me 2 little band-aids.








No comments: