And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

~Nietzsche~

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Butterflies are Born


A couple weeks ago, Zehn's teacher sent home 2 live caterpillars that if we cared for properly were supposed to turn into butterflies.  I was skeptical and frankly was not too happy that his teacher sent these home for me to be in charge of (yes, I know I am a grinch).  Anyway, much to our surprise.  They did exactly what they were supposed to do.

I was home alone when the first one was born.  I almost had a heart attack and called my mom at work for help.  Luckily she had a school teacher standing right there when I called who has done the butterfly experiment in her classroom.  My mom handed over the phone and she walked me through what to do....  which turned out to be absolutely nothing.  HAHAHAHa.  (except I did poke the butterfly with a pen to see if it was alive). 

Anyway, they both hatched and the kids were so excited.  Me, not so much because now I had to find a way to keep them alive.......................Well,

I failed....................



The butterflies didn't make it.   Zehn wants to keep one for a souviner.   I told him we could have a funeral in the yard.  These butterflies were doomed from the beginning anyway..... what teacher hatches butterflies in November anyway?????

 We are 0 for 2 right now.  The butterflies kicked the bucket and the jumping beans jumped away.  Z's teacher and I will be fighting if she sends home any more live experiments.

No comments: